LISTEN TO THE LATEST PODCAST
Episode 393
Wed, Nov, 19 2014
GTA V, Halo Master Chief Collection, John's Xbox One is broken, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Assassin's Creed Unity, Thanksgiving Spectacular
DOWNLOAD NOW
Subscribe:
iTunes Feedburner RSS
John's CD and Michelle's Book
VGO Newsletter!
RECENT FORUM POSTS
Re: Warlords Launch.
CoastalMichelle
November 22, 2014, 10:09:15 PM
Yeah I liked what I saw of shadowmoon valley. I have not seen the jungle at all yet since horde. Looking forward to it though on...
ChuckSouth
November 22, 2014, 05:19:45 PM
I am not sure that I had a favorite zone, but I really did not care for Spires of Arak.  I was just too dark and too many birds.
Sworen
November 22, 2014, 03:16:44 AM
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4526-WoW-Up-to-10-Million-Subscribers-Garrison-Campaign-Quests-Active-Nov-19-HotfixesApparen...
Episode 394 hates Turkey
blkdog7
November 19, 2014, 09:32:08 PM
Intro: resume rumblepodcasting makes one suicidalanimal impressionsNintendo Corner:WiiU Bayonetta?  No says JohnCanceled Smash B...

Show unread posts since last visit. | Show new replies to your posts.
Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[November 22, 2014, 11:35:33 PM] Tedakin: Xbox sent me free DragonballZ stuff..... they know me so well.

[November 22, 2014, 06:37:09 PM] Sworen: it's a thing that happens on smash bros. wii u

[November 22, 2014, 05:14:24 PM] blkdog7: Sworen, WTF?

[November 22, 2014, 04:51:31 PM] AOA SniperYeti: wp 343i 

[November 22, 2014, 04:51:29 PM] AOA SniperYeti: how about that halo update lol now I am stuck downloading matchmaking data 

[November 22, 2014, 04:29:04 PM] Sworen: http://i.imgur.com/zxQx2MG.jpg

[November 22, 2014, 01:30:46 AM] JerKnuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F38WmjxnvMk

[November 21, 2014, 08:58:48 AM] Tedakin: Michelle dl Crossy Road on ios. 

[November 21, 2014, 04:21:48 AM] CoastalMichelle: Smiley

[November 21, 2014, 02:33:42 AM] Tedakin: Michelle, Sworen http://teamcoco.com/video/team-coco-twitch-conan-o-brien-world-of-warcraft

[November 21, 2014, 12:24:31 AM] Tedakin: Oh, well I'll spoil the end. They find some ET cartridges in the dirt.

[November 20, 2014, 11:20:21 PM] blkdog7: I don't have an Xbox 

Click here for the new chatroom!
No users in the chat room
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Topic: Kill Screens  (Read 5862 times)
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »
littleman00 Offline
Standard Members

View Profile WWW

Hey, where can I download (purchase or for free) the Kill Screens stuff?  That song 'Breath3' is pretty awesome.

Twitter: littleman00
Steam: littleman00
Follow me on Raptr
My Xbox 360 has its own blog!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
JohnsArcade.com
blkdog7 Offline
Administrator
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile

Well, we are wrapping up the CD and will have it for sale soon.

I have a secret stash of early mixes that you can have for free here:

http://thekillscreens.com/dropbox/mp3/early_mixes/

Check them out. If you like 'em, pick-up the CD when it's available later this spring.

Anyways, thanks!

The Wonderful World of blkdog7:

http://www.blkdog7.com

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »
Death Squad's [and B-Team's] finest
ottoman673 Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile

John, i will willingly accept a free CD instead of that t-shirt you had promised me for ep. 150.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
pwkwsfi

I stole and listened to some more recent mixes and I am impressed. Please keep us updated.

Matt's voice is clear and in a good range for singing along. The electronic ambiance and effects are fun and reminiscent of chip tunes without sounding too bleep-bloopy. I think John found a good outlet, although more guitar jamming would have been nice. Put this on the label: the vocals are honey whipped into butter and spread over rhythm and beats that are crisp hot toasted English muffin. Or not.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
JohnsArcade.com
blkdog7 Offline
Administrator
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile

I stole and listened to some more recent mixes and I am impressed. Please keep us updated.

Matt's voice is clear and in a good range for singing along. The electronic ambiance and effects are fun and reminiscent of chip tunes without sounding too bleep-bloopy. I think John found a good outlet, although more guitar jamming would have been nice. Put this on the label: the vocals are honey whipped into butter and spread over rhythm and beats that are crisp hot toasted English muffin. Or not.

I have really enjoyed doing some of the keyboards and synths on this album. Sequencing drums is fun as hell too. It's a nice change. I have recorded a lot of guitar in my life and it's nice to do something totally different.

Matt and I are going to do a "VH-1" storytellers type podcast when the album is available for sale. Which, should be very soon. I hope you guys can send questions and come on the show.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
War determines who is left, not right.
RexAchilles Offline
MUTHA

View Profile WWW

I am very excited about this album and I will definitely be buying it as soon as possible.

Keep up the good work!

<br
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 01:03:38 AM »
pwkwsfi

so, I transcribed your lyrics as best as I could. I then checked the Myspace page to see if I missed any songs and found some lyrics posted, yet hard to access. I'm sure Matt has clean copies stored somewhere, but I feel that my effort was worth the while. The songs are a little more profound that I first thought. You guys are good artists.

For anyone who wants to see the lyrics, or could help me correct them, please visit my VGO blog. Thanks.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »
pwkwsfi

I'm pretty excited for you guys, but let me know if this starts to happen:

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
JohnsArcade.com
blkdog7 Offline
Administrator
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile

I'm pretty excited for you guys, but let me know if this starts to happen:

ha! That's awesome, PW. Man, I miss that show. Smiley

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »
Fall Classic Donkey Kong Champion!
mccarthy99 Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

so, I transcribed your lyrics as best as I could. I then checked the Myspace page to see if I missed any songs and found some lyrics posted, yet hard to access. I'm sure Matt has clean copies stored somewhere, but I feel that my effort was worth the while. The songs are a little more profound that I first thought. You guys are good artists.

For anyone who wants to see the lyrics, or could help me correct them, please visit my VGO blog. Thanks.

That's awesome PW, thanks for the support Smiley

I think you're like 99% correct on the lyrics...here are a couple little updates for various lines from various songs:

I broke my own rule
When I said I'd see you
How do you get me?
Just don't let go-->Stressed out like a fool

So talk to your mother
Tell her you're leaving town
I know we talk the talk
but the time is near-->But the time is now

(PS "that song is called Run Run Run")

Four, three, two, one
Countdown to the end
but it's hard to face fate/stay straight-->But it's hard to think straight
running out of oxygen

I'm a mess, I'm a mess
and I can't pull it in-->And I can't believe
we gotta left turn left-->That I left when I left
it's a tragedy

And I'm not who I'm suppposed to be
when the world is counting sheep
It's the only sound that I can feel: my heartbeat-->It's the only time that I can feel my heart beat

A fascinating side-effect of "flandz" [need actual]-->"Plans"
...oh, and Runaway has a 2nd verse now, unlike the old versions where it just repeated the 1st verse...
  I wish I could believe you
  That you know who you are
  The self-defense of thick skin made of scars
  But the temptation to trust you
  I will be overcome
  I've been down that road and I've never won

...and there's 3 new songs on the album that no one has heard yet Smiley

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
pwkwsfi

cooool. I will revise my notes. Thanks for looking at my stuff!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »
pwkwsfi

I'm trying to make karaoke-like tracks with Audacity. I found this walk-through and it kinda does the trick

http://r3dux.org/2010/06/how-to-easily-remove-the-vocals-from-most-songs/

It seems like there are some different things going on in the stereo tracks that get lost in the process. I'm going to try different songs to see if some work better than others and get back to you.

ok, here's an attempt. This song worked better than Science Fiction movie. It's a little disturbing if you can tell what is missing besides the vocals.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24199778/runrunrun.mp3
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:07:29 PM by pwkwsfi » Logged
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
Fall Classic Donkey Kong Champion!
mccarthy99 Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

That's interesting how well it did in removing the vocals, but also removed the kick drum and some other stuff, and generally sounds awful  Undecided

You know, I wouldn't be opposed to mixing down a few instrumental versions (just mute the vocal tracks and maybe keep a few backup vocals in there at a lower volume).  Assuming it's for personal use, and blkcat13 is okay with it.  We could actually add them to our "bonus tracks" link that you get to from the QR code...what songs would you be most interested in?

Also, FYI, if The Kill Screens is now on turntable.fm, which is an amazing site.  If anyone is DJ'ing on there, feel free to play some TKS songs and see if we can get it to catch on  Grin

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
pwkwsfi

Thanks for checking it out. I want to try again starting with a lossless file instead of an mp3 then compare results.

Getting an actual vocal-free track would be cool, but I bet it would show up on Youtube or torrents before long. You should at least charge for it IMO.
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »
pwkwsfi

I was hoping to come back and say I got it working, but I after trying some different things it does not sound any better. I got the vocals almost fully diminished, but too many other things go with them.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: