LISTEN TO THE LATEST PODCAST
Episode 381
Wed, Jul, 23 2014
Hearthstone Curse of Naxxramas, Destiny, Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, NEWS, Twitter, and a lot more!
DOWNLOAD NOW
Subscribe:
iTunes Feedburner RSS
John's CD and Michelle's Book
VGO Newsletter!
RECENT FORUM POSTS
Re: Playing Nax in HS mak...
CoastalMichelle
July 31, 2014, 09:35:46 PM
Depends on some of the boss mechanics, I forget them all off hand.
Re: Playing Nax in HS mak...
Poggle
July 31, 2014, 08:01:25 PM
Well I'm down. You know I have a couple of 90's on Tich, so let me know. Sadly I only have grievous gear, just a couple of pride...
Playing Nax in HS makes m...
CoastalMichelle
July 31, 2014, 03:02:19 PM
Am I alone on that? Or even for people who never played WoW, I wonder if they want to go see it in game.I know you can cross ser...
MIDNIGHT CALLER ARCHIVE
blkdog7
July 29, 2014, 10:58:36 PM
I want to figure out where all these Midnight Caller shows are on the feed.http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/mid_call_ep_5.mp3ht...

Show unread posts since last visit. | Show new replies to your posts.
Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 07:23:49 PM] CoastalMichelle: Lol.

[Today at 05:37:15 PM] Tedakin: I'm now 97% convinced Michelle is a transexual

[Today at 05:02:19 PM] CoastalMichelle: This is so funny, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQWlFtSptU

[Today at 04:27:33 PM] CoastalMichelle: haha, but ty

[Today at 02:57:06 PM] Tedakin: shit i said YOUR.. compliment failed.

[Today at 02:56:45 PM] Tedakin: your pretty

[Today at 02:43:58 PM] CoastalMichelle: AUS FRAMES, thanks to Matt and his buddy: http://i.imgur.com/qlrJ8T8.jpg The power of the podcast!

[Today at 01:31:37 AM] CoastalMichelle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_O1nW80o4 Cam and Jason reading from Jill and my old site, DYAC to promote sex tape, turned out... probably better than the movie will haha.

[July 31, 2014, 07:58:06 PM] Poggle: LOL, dat Mage UI

[July 31, 2014, 07:56:55 PM] Poggle: Oh God, vanilla Naxx was insane

[July 31, 2014, 05:31:37 PM] Sworen: Yeah , hard to translate that stuff. Into card game form.  Would be tricky to get something akin to the heigan damce in there too

[July 31, 2014, 03:04:39 PM] CoastalMichelle: This is the Loeteb I remeber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMWKNeIISmo (minus the bad techno)

Click here for the new chatroom!
No users in the chat room
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Topic: Hero Academy  (Read 6683 times)
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

Anyone playing the new iOS hotness Hero Academy?  It's Chess meets Plants vs Zombies, meets Magic Card Game strategy.

Asynchronous Game Play...as in you take turns just like the "With Friends" games.

First game by the guys who made Orcs Must Die, Age of Empires and I think Halo Wars?

Anyway it's pretty fun and makes a nice break to turn based word games.  Just play a round and you'll pick up the rules fast.  Then it's all strategy.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
I play far too many games.
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

We've actually been mentioning it a decent bit on the b-team shows as of late, but I guess never got around to posting about it.  My name on there is the same here, so if you want to play a game I'm all for it.

Should warn you though, I'm pretty good, or at least can assume so from my victories >.> .

edit- also worth mentioning that the game is free with ads.  ads are removed when you buy a new race, you start with the council.

Apparently they are going to add a dwarf race next.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:17:57 PM by Sworen » Logged

Mitch Hedburg:"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.
  - Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

Nice.  I'm still catching up on B-Teams so hadn't heard yet.  Glad to see you are on top of things!  I'm loving this game.  Can't claim to greatness yet.  I sent you a challenge.  Name Scott_K (not very original I'm afraid.

Yea I forgot to mention it's free with ads.  I bought the Dark Elves after my first game because I hate ads, and these guys certainly deserve some cash for this one!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

New Dwarves Team with big title update this Wednesday.  Also adding Leaderboard ranks and gamecenter achievements.  This game is mobile perfection.

http://www.robotentertainment.com/blog/detail/ROBOT-ENTERTAINMENT-WELCOMES-DWARVES
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:33:51 AM by Raw 2 Dawg 2 » Logged
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

They've also got some balance changes coming to the council and dark elves as well.  Knight health is being lowered, mages are getting an innate magic resist.  For the DE's the phantoms are getting a little less health, and the void monk is getting a slight increase to his movement speed and splash damage.

Mitch Hedburg:"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.
  - Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

Hmm interesting.  I still can't believe that more people in the forums here and at Zero Commit are not all over this game.  It's by far the best mobile game out so far.  Just has everything you would really want in a game on your phone or ipad.

Its the first time I've been more excited for DLC on my phone than anything on console at the moment!  Smiley

Do you think it needs more marketing?  I have all my workmates hooked.  We are even going to have a tournament with bracket tree in a couple weeks once everyone gets more practice in with the new Dwarves.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

Yeah, I'm actually participating in a tournament that started on the robot entertainment's forums.  I think the game is getting good recognition, even if it's not exactly on the forums, I've heard several different podcasts mention it at least.  I think what's bothered me more is that you just don't see it on the top free apps list.  If the ratings were any judge, the game is getting dled by a lot of people.

- Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

Some neat stuff for calculating things came up on the HA forums.

This helps you keep track of items your opponent used, and the probability they have it in their hand.  The nice part is since you could be keeping track of multiple opponents, it gives you a code that you can input to generate what you put in.
http://acg-solutions.com/Hero_Academy/tracker.html

This one calculates damage between units.  My only issue is it doesn't have values for a buffed wraith.  Has some real nice info like, how many attacks til stomp and so on.
http://acg-solutions.com/Hero_Academy/index.html

edit- even though I put a separate link for each, you can switch between each once your in one.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:32:28 AM by Sworen » Logged

- Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 05:19:56 AM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

The Tribe of orcs approaches!  New update and team on the horizon.  Man I love how excited the Hero Academy community gets for these.  We didn't get any work done in my office when the Dwarves dropped...such a fun game.

http://www.robotentertainment.com/blog/detail/Coming-Soon-Tribe-and-Universal-iPad-Updates

What do you think Sworen?  They sound really unique huh.  Looks like a good rushing team.  I like the variable damage and the chain healing (sort of opposite the Council wizard)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:22:05 AM by Raw 2 Dawg 2 » Logged
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/28/hero-academy-universal-ipad-update-and-new-team-hitting-soon/

Touch arcade also has screenshots of the new map that features magic defense tiles and barbed crystals.

Also some neat info that came up on the forums about some more of the unique mechanics of the team like:
no scrolls, but 4 haunches of meat that act like half potion, half scroll
they get 2 of the super unit, the chieftain
Their special is some sort of tornado move that can push/pull units a certain direction.
They don't get a helm, but their shield applies damage back at the attacker.

They also mentioned updating/fixing the various races, dwarves are getting buffed a bit, particularly regarding the gunner, paladin, pulverizer, and engineer (they haven't specified in what ways)

I think they've done a good job making the new race sound unique.  I'm most curious about the particulars of everything most of all.  The small details are just as interesting as the basic info.

- Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

Very cool!  I love that I'm more excited for a mobile DLC than anything on console.  My whole office is hooked and excited for the next team.  Looks like that drop will be a most unproductive day Smiley
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
Sworen Offline
Crazy MUTHA

View Profile WWW

http://www.robotentertainment.com/blog/detail/Hero-Academy-Tribe-Update-Details

the update is out with all the changes!

- Kurt Vonnegut
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

YEA!  That was a fun drop.  They didn't pre announce the date.

I was at work in a meeting and it totally got disrupted because everyone in it plays.  One person noticed and we all started looking at our phones and trying to update.  Just made for a good day!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »
Raw 2 Dawg 2

Still no VGO takers huh?  I know that there are a bunch of you with iPhones.  This is the game to be playing.

Been playing with Sworen and recently McCarthy.  Would love to see some more players and conversations about tips, tactics and sweet moves.

Ive only beaten Sworen once.  Somebody out there has to topple his reign of terror!!!  Smiley
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »
pwkwsfi

sorry, dude. Android here. Otherwise I would give it a go.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: